About This Item
Astaxanthin acts as an antioxidant by dual mode of action. It suppresses singlet oxygen and also inhibits lipid peroxidation. By these actions it reduces the harmful free radicals. Therefore acts as a very strong antioxidant. Astaxanthin is absorbed by passive diffusion into the intestinal epithelium alongside fatty acids. Then it is incorporated into lipoproteins, transported to the liver, via lymph and blood and partly resecreted with lipoproteins. More than 70% of the Astaxanthin is contained in high density lipoprotein part of plasma. Highest concentration of Astaxanthin is in the small intestine, followed by subcutaneous fat, spleen, liver, heart, kidney and skin and lowest in the muscles.
Astaxanthin is a strong antioxidant indicated to-
- Improves cardiovascular health (Atherosclerosis, reduce cholesterol).
- Improves immune function.
- Improves condition of skin
- Protects skin from damage caused by sun (Reduce wrinkles, pimples and other signs of aging)
- Improves recovery from central nervous system injuries
- Protects from Parkinson ’s disease, Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Protects eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Reduces inflammation (Arthritis)
- Reduces risk of infertility
Also Astaxnthin effectively reduce oxidative damage to DNA, decrease the risk for many types of cancer and stabilize blood sugar.