Re-infections: In general, a 6-day treatment is sufficient. This applies also to mixed infections with the above-mentioned causative organisms. On six consecutive nights, 1 Clotrimazole 100 mg vaginal preparation is inserted as deeply as possible into the vagina. If necessary, 2 Clotrimazole 100 mg (1 in the morning and 1 in the evening) or 1 Clotrimazole 200 mg daily can be used for 6-12 days. Treatment should be timed so as to avoid the menstrual period and be finished before the onset of menstruation. To avoid re-infection, the partner should undergo local treatment with Clotrimazole cream at the same time.
Clotrimazole 500 mg vaginal preparation: Single dose, complete treatment with one vaginal tablet. The tablet should be inserted as deeply as possible into the vagina. This is best achieved when lying on one’s back with the knees slightly bent. It is recommended that the treatment should be timed so as to avoid the menstrual period. For prevention of re-infection the partner should be treated locally with Clotrimazole cream at the same time.
Clotrimazole vaginal preparation are colorless and do not stain the underwear.
- Pull out plunger until it stops. Place a vaginal tablet into the applicator
- Insert applicator containing the tablet carefully as deeply as possible into the vagina (best lying on your back)
- Push plunger until it stops, there by depositing the tablet into the vagina. Remove the applicator
- After use, remove plunger completely by pulling it out of the applicator
- Then wash it in warm (not boiling) soapy water, rinse and dry carefully
Note: Pregnant women must follow physician’s instructions
Pregnancy & Lactation
Lactation: Excretion in milk unknown; use with caution